Heskey looks set to sign

A lot of reports are claiming that England target man, Emile Heskey, is close to completing a £5.5 million moved from Wigan Athletic to Tottenham Hotspur.

How true are all these media reports? Who knows? If he's in a Spurs shirt by the 12am deadline, then I'll personally be extremely happy with this bit of business.

I may be in the minority, but I feel that signing a player like Heskey will prove a master-stroke for the club.

The target man has never been known in a positive manner for his games to goal ratio. What he has been known for though, are his other qualities. He's perfect at bringing in his team-mates into play. His ability to hold up the ball may be just what our team needs, especially if Bent and/or Pavlyuchenko are playing off him.

Before I get completely slated for my comments, please remember all that he has done when he's played with out-and-out strikers.

COYS!!!