COYS!!!

Article by Chris Rowning

I, along with a numerous amount of away Spurs fans watched the debacle at the Riverside.

"What's Ramos doing?" shouted a gentleman called Tom who sat behind me.

"I can't believe that we're playing this rubbish?", screamed another.

To be honest, yesterdays performance was anything but what any of us had come to expect.

Pre-season always takes our hopes to levels that are just not comparable with Premier League standards.

I read reports and also witnessed our captain, Ledley King, on Spurs TV state, that "this squad of players is capable of Champions League qualification".

Oh I wish these players didn't say such things! Don't they realise that talk like that only propels expectation? Expectation that they cannot achieve just yet?!

I honestly expect us to finish 6th and I have done even before our first defeat of the season, as have many other fans, according to what was discussed between us at Boro yesterday.

If anyone has dreams of us finishing in 4th, then I hope you don't get too disillusioned when we don't.

Tottenham Hotspur is a work in progress. For us to even contemplate finishing fourth, we'll need a good two seasons at least of hard work and a few more quality signings over that period.

Ramos & co are not magicians. The clubs' management realise what needs to be done and they are making the changes needed. These changes won't happen over night though.

I couldn't believe it when I read some of the comments on THBN. Comments like;

-"Relegation form since the cup win"

-"Sack Ramos now"

And so the comments went on and on.

What we all need to do is calm down.

If we keep changing managers, what does that actually achieve? Absolutely nothing!

The new foreign players need time to adjust to the pace of the league. And by the look of things, so does the entire team.

I am sure Ramos & co have seen the need of a better defensive midfield player and a better centre-back than Dawson. Unfortunately, these players don't grow on trees!

All of us need to settle down a notch and get behind the team, your team, your Tottenham Hotspur!

COYS!!!