Has Juande Persuaded Berbatov?

Training for the up and coming season has finally kicked off with a bang! The Mirror and the Daily Mail are back to their old tricks of poking fun at our superstar, Dimitar Berbatov, and more importantly, belittling Tottenham Hotspur with what I can only categorise as slur.

I suppose there is a sense of irony in their articles. I was under the pretence that Mr. Berbatov was paid by Tottenham Hotspur to train, play, and make other appearances when asked to.

I find it strange then, that the Mirror Editor asks John Cross (who just happens to be an Arsenal season ticket holder) to write an article on Dimitar Berbatov's return to work. Mr. Cross gleefully put the icing on the cake by titling his article; Dimitar Berbatov set for humiliating return to Tottenham.

Why some sections of the media insist on scorning our side, I will never know? "Dear Richard Wallace (the Daily Mirror Editor), why ask an Arsenal supporter to write the article? Why not select one of your other talented journalists?"

We can discuss the fact that a large section of the media seem to be gunning against Tottenham Hotspur, until the cows come home.

The reason why I submitted this article to THBN was to basically state that I think our manager, Juande Ramos, has done the unthinkable, and persuaded Dimitar Berbatov to stay at the club!

I am not an ITK, neither does my wife work in the hospital where David Bentley apparently had his medical. I am speaking from pure facts.

The man is back in training. Fact! He still has a remaining 22 months left on his contract. Fact! We have strengthened our squad considerably since January. Fact! No club has tabled a bid. Fact!

Unless we receive an offer that's above and beyond what he's worth, I can see Berbatov starting in our home match against Villa (13th September 2008 - after the summer transfer window has closed).

And to be honest, I truly hope he does.