Daws Could Leave

I believe that our central defender, Michael Dawson, could be on his way out of the club.

I say this because reports from a lot of the reputable ITK's (believe them if you will) are stating that we are after several centre-backs, including 2 from La Liga and from the French leagues.

With King on the mend, and Woodgate as strong as ever, the first-team options for Dawson look bleak.

At this stage in his career, he can't be playing as a squad player and he himself knows this. I believe that he won't be leaving this summer, but could be allowed to leave in the January 2009 transfer window, especially if we have got in another centre-half and if his starts for the club are at a bare minimum.

If this is the case, I wish him the best of luck. I also hope that he ups his game and challenges King & Woody for a starting place and doesn't just pack it in like most footballers do when they are shifted down the pecking order.