What do you think of Jenas?


By Sam Jenkins

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Jermaine Jenas, has signed a new 5-year contract that will keep him at Spurs until 2012 or maybe even beyond that.

JJ has told the media today that he would like to stay at Spurs until the end of his career. Seeing as he's only 24, that could be for another 10 years.

I personally think that Jermaine has so much more to offer, but for reasons best known to himself, doesn't exert himself enough. He has been known to pull off disappearing acts whilst on the field. Then again, he has also been known to prove us all wrong and play like a world-class individual.

I have said for a long time that Spurs need a central midfielder that will take the team by the scruff of the neck and push them forward; a real character that will drive the entire team forward. Unfortunately, players like that are far and few between.

Do I believe that Jenas will be at the club to see out his new 5-year contract? In short, no. Do I believe that Jenas can become a Spurs legend? Yes I do, but I don't think that he's got the character that would enable him to excel in a Spurs shirt.

What do you make of him?