Jol Was The Significant Factor In Davids Joining

By Damo
For THBN

Edgar Davids is finally a Spurs player! How happy that made us all feel. I am sure the business markets suffered from the lack of Spurs fans at work. Or if they were at work, they were glued to the screen waiting for those special words; "Edgar Davids Signs".

Now that he has signed, we will get to see the real Davids. Lets not judge him by what many media mediums have stated in the past week.

At the press unveiling of our Dutch maestro, Davids was in buoyant mood and when asked if this was the first time on the White Hart Lane pitch, he said the following;

"It won't be the first time, but it will be the first as a Spurs player.

"I am delighted about it all, it is a beautiful place and I hope to have a wonderful journey.

"I was really delighted to finally write my signature and I am looking forward to training and playing with the guys."

When asked about Tottenham head coach Martin Jol, Davids stated that Jol was the 'significant factor' in him joining the club. Davids went on to say;

"It was an influence because I want to enjoy the game again. I know how Martin trains and I know how he gets his teams to play. This is very important.

"It is also a challenge here because for every game you have to be prepared and there is no such thing as a small club.

Edgar also knows what his main job will be in this young Spurs squad. He went on to say;

"They are very talented and I hope I can help them bring it out on the pitch - then we will be alright.

"I think I can help lift them but I think they will have to help me out as well because that is how it goes. We are fortunate to have a very talented team so I am confident we can have a good time.

"It is going to be hard because it is one of the best leagues in the world. I am just delighted to be here."

So we have our engine room sorted out. But who would you like Davids to play alongside in the centre of the midfield? My choice is Carrick, but many disagree and would prefer Tainio.

Who do you prefer, and why?