Defoe Happy & Kanoute Wants To Stay

By PoshSpur
For THBN

Jermain Defoe has stated that he is extremely happy at Spurs.

The striker said: "I've made it very clear I'm happy here. It's about playing, scoring goals and making the England squad.

"I'll fulfill my ambitions here at Spurs."

This is great news as Spurs prepare for the upcoming season. Some news that may not go down well with a lot of the fans is that Kanoute is also very happy and would like to stay.

The Mali international said: "I had personal reasons for missing the trip which I explained to the club, but they were still disappointed.

"It has prompted rumours over my future, but I really do want to stay."

Many fans have reiterated how lazy Kanoute is. I have to agree with them. Not only does he not really offer much to the Tottenham cause, but he is paid in the region of £1 million. Not much by today’s standards. But what do Tottenham get for all those pounds they pay every week?

Fredi made 32 appearances for the club in the 05/06 season scoring 7 goals and making 4 assists. Wow! That sums it up for me.
Kanoute is a striker, yet he scored only 7 goals?! Enough said.

Sell him to a Championship team and give Barnard and Mouny a go. I am sure they will both play with spirit and vigour.