Mido could be off

The 22-year-old Spurs striker is concerned about his place in the national team because of his lack of first team football and is considering a move.

The player admitted to a radio station in his homeland that he fancies a move to Egyptian side Zamalek.

Mido is quoted by Sky Sports as telling the radio station: "I met with Zamalek's president, Mortada Monsour.

"I told him I was thinking of joining Zamalek for six months until the end of the African Nations' Cup.

"I needed to know if he has a place for me in the team or not."

Spurs strikers recently have looked rather unhappy. only a few days ago, Robbie Keane said that he would love to join Celtic and play for the best manager he has ever played under, Gordon Strachan.

If Keane does leave, with Celtic, Newcastle and Villa hot on his track, that would leave Tottenham with only two registerred strikers (Defoe & Kanoute), as Mido is only a loan signing.

Watch this space, as I feel a new striker could be unveiled soon at the Lane.