Mendes will be staying at Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has dismissed rumours linking the Portugese mifielder with a move away from White Hart Lane.

Mendes has been linked with a move back to former club Porto as part of a swap deal for McCarthy and has also been linked with a number of Premiership clubs.

But Mendes said he does not want to leave Spurs, after just one season with the club. He went on to say: "I am not going to comment on the news, nor am I going to feed the speculation."

"I am happy, despite having treatment on my injury, as I had an excellent year in England and I am not even going to feed any speculation about my future."

Levy reinforced the statement that Mendes would be staying. He said: "Porto nor any other club, English or Portuguese (are in for Mendes).

"Our coach [Martin Jol] does not want to dispense of Pedro [Mendes] and he [Mendes] already knows about that.

"When he finishes his holiday, Pedro will return to London because we are extremely satisfied with him."

This is great news for Spurs fans as many of them think Mendes is one of our best midfielders.

We all wish him luck in the near future at our club.