Victor Wanyama


Victor Wanyama News

THBN-Twitter-Quip
The quip is going down well on Twitter

Borussia Dortmund are showing an interest in 26-year-old (27 later this month) Kenyan international defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama.

Wanyama was runner-up to Heung-min Son in the Tottenham Hotspur Goal of the Season 2017/18.

Victor Wanyama on Citizen TV Kenya was interviewed by Jeff Koinang and Mike Okinyi.

Jeff Koinange: Did you know that you were going to be this good when growing up?
Victor Wanyama: No I did not but I used to watch the EPL when growing up and I wanted to get there

Jeff Koinange: How is it playing in Wembley?
Victor Wanyama: It is tough; it is a big pitch- our style of playing is pressing so we had to adjust first.

Jeff Koinange: How much are you paid?
Victor Wanyama: You know Jeff, we are normally very busy, I really don’t check. They just wire it, but it’s enough to keep me comfortable”

THBN-Victor-Wanyama

Jeff Koinange: What is it like playing against Mo Salah?
Victor Wanyama: He is a really good player- what he demonstrated last season was great and if he can do it again this coming season then he would be up there with Messi and Ronaldo.

Jeff Koinange: Which are your favourite teams for the world cup?
Victor Wanyama: All teams from Africa, Belgium and Spain.

Jeff Koinange: Do they have a nickname for you?
Victor Wanyama: (chuckles) Yeah…they always call me the beast!

Mike Okinyi: Between Celtic park, Wembley and Southampton, which atmosphere did you like the most?
Victor Wanyama: Celtic Park…it is unbelievable

He gave advice to the youth watching and about how long he wants to play for.

"Be disciplined and believe in yourself. It is easy to get there but once you get there that is when the hard work starts."

"I want to play until I can’t move! I want to play until I am on the wheelchair! Even at that point, I will still continue playing!!"


COYS