Tottenham tried to sign Moussa Dembele last January and had a deal all agreed with the player and Fulham. There were reports of him having a medical at White Hart Lane but the deal didn't happen. For whatever reason, he had a change of heart and decided not to join.
At the end of the season, he went to Celtic instead where he could play every week and he has been a huge hit banging in the goals, although it must be remembered the standard of football he is playing.
West Ham have been linked with virtually every striker in the world it seems, the Daily Star reported they had been linked with 30 in just six months, although it is almost certainly more. That certainly shows their appeal or lack of and shows the difficulty of signing players.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovich (Manchester United)
- Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
- Janie Vardy (Leicester City)
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
- Alexandre Lacazette (PSG)
- Carlos Bacca (AC Milan)
- Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea)
- Moussa Dembele (Celtic)
- Anthony Martial (Manchester United)
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (Newcastle United)
- Jermain Defoe (Sunderland)
- Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)
- Callum Wilson (Bournemouth)
- Jese Rodriguez (PSG)
- Shane Long (Southampton)
- Scott Hogan (Brentford)
- Vincent Janssen (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Wilfried Bony (Manchester City)
- Martin Braithwaite (Toulouse)
- Nikola Kalinic (Fiorentina)
- Ademola Lookman (Everton)
- Eder (Lille)
- Mario Mandzukik (Juventus)
- Mario Gomez (VfL Wolfsburg)
- Gregoir Defrel (Sassuolo)
- Andre-Pierre Gignac (Tigres UANL)
- Lucas Pratto (Atlético Mineiro)
- Davie Selke (RB Leipzig)
Some fans are asking did we miss a trick not signing Dembele, but the player himself turned down the move, you can't force a player to sign, so it isn't a question of making a mistake and missing out on him.
We have continued to watch him at Celtic and reports are suggesting we will make a move for him again. Celtic certainly won't want to lose him this month and have slapped a reported £30 million price tag on him, not bad for a free transfer signing. Fulham should have made more efforts to sell him and at least get something for him, but they rather shot themselves in the foot in the same way WBA have with Saido Berahino.