Lacazette open to a summer move

TRANSFER TALK


Alexandre Lacazette was a summer transfer target for several clubs and at the time he stated he was looking for UEFA Champions League football. Ideally, he wanted a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich to come in for him so he was never going to end up at West Ham United who had a reported £40 million (€46.95m - AUS$67.72m - US$50.41m) bid turned down, though whether that was £40 million or whether that was €40m (£34.08m - AUS$57.64m - US$42.92m) is another matter.

We were mentioned regularly in the press but the price seemed rather exorbitant for the 25-year-old (26 next May) given the price of other strikers. He has been in the goals again this season and has spoken to French regional newspaper Le Progrès (Auvergne, Burgundy, Franche-Comté, Rhône-Alpes) about last summer and the future. Lyon, the club he pays for, is a city in France’s historical Rhône-Alpes region, it sits at the junction of the Rhône and Saône rivers.



"We will see next June what presents itself and what will offer us the best... we will see. Loads of names of great clubs have circulated and that makes me happy. I will have to think.
"This summer, there were some very interesting offers. But the president, for the good of the club, said no. And I understand that. It might be the opposite in the future. He will understand that an offer could be important for the club. I am happy at Lyon. 
"We will see this summer. For me, to stay next year would not be a bad thing. Aside from that, I am open to everything that could happen outside. I am arriving at an age where you need to take decisions."

It's the usual PR stuff, I'm happy her, so as not to upset the supporters, but I wouldn't rule out a move, meaning I'm happy to leave also if the club will let me.