Atletico want Spurs linked Ghezzal

TRANSFER TALK


Spanish newspaper Sport are reporting that LaLiga side Atletico Madrid are keen on Tottenham Hotspur linked young Olympique Lyon talent Rachid Ghezzal.

The versatile 24-year-old (25 next May) Algerian attacker who generally plays as a wide man is on Diego Pablo Simeone wish list for the January transfer window. The story has also been covered by French newspaper L'Equipe who remind readers he is out of contract next summer having failed to reach agreement over a new contract.

At the moment though Atletico are banned from recruiting players for the next two transfer windows despite appealing the ruling to the Council for Arbitration in Sport (CAS).

Lyon coach Bruno Genesio, at his Friday pre-game press conference, told assembled reporters that it was a difficult time for the winger. When asked, the player himself declined to comment.

"It's a complex situation for the club but I also think for him.I hope we will know more after the winter break and a decision will be taken on. (...) It is he who must make his choice. I already talked to him and he knows what I think. It is he who must make the final decision. It needs a little time from what I understand. We must give him time to think up the truce. After this one, I think we will need a firm position on its part. I campaigned to keep it from what he does on the field."