Yesterday's Football News Headlines from the British Press
- Chelsea want to keep 28-year-old (29 nxt October) Diego Costa and are set to offer him a bumper new contract.
- Former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez is set to complete a staggering £615,000-a-week move to China despite Boca Juniors fans begging their 32-year-old (33 next February) hero to stay in emotional scenes. It is difficult to turn down that sort of money.
- Manchester United are set to offload 22-year-old (23 next February) Dutchman Memphis Depay in January with Everton continually mentioned in the same breath. United are reportedly prepared to let him go for just £12m to offload yet another player they overpaid for. We refused to pay the inflated fee United paid, perhaos we dodged a bullet, perhaos we will be interested in a cut price move.
- Southampton boss Claude Puel wants to raid his previous club Nice (something that never goes down well) for highly-rated 21-year-old (22 next January) midfielder Wylan Cyprien. Spanish side Atletico madrid are also interested.
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is targeting 23-year-old (24 next February) Uruguayan international and Genoa wide man Diego Laxalt.
- As I reported the other day, Arsenal target Julian Draxler would much prefer a move to Paris Saint-Germain as the 23-year-old (24 next September) prepares to leave German side Wolfsburg in January. The Wolfsburg chairman recently admitted they made a mistake keeping him in the summer when we were one of the clubs linked with him, as we still are.
- Belgium and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder, 27-year-old (28 next January) Axel Witsel is closing in on his move to Italian giants Juventus, which they came to an agreement about over the summer. Another player we have been linked to on a regular basis.
- Manchester City right-back, 31-year-old (32 next January) Pablo Zabaleta is hoping to be back in 10 days - even though his latest setback has left him wearing a brace.
- Sunderland are facing a £10m bill in March for loan flop Ricky Alvarez. They sent him back to Inter Milan at the end of the 2014/15 season even though they had an obligation to buy him if they avoided relegation, which they did. That rather leaves them strapped for cash this window.
- 18-yearold (19 next July) central midfielder Ronaldo Vieira is a £7m target for surprise Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig (they were only promoted last season) after just 19 appearances for Championship side Leeds United.
- French international Dimitri Payet has again hinted he could quit West Ham United as the 29-year-old (30 next March) looks to move to a bigger club.
- Manchester United are set for further talks with Portuguese side Benfica about 22-year-old (23 next July) central defender Victor Lindelof. The Portuguese club want £35.28m for their Swedish centre-back, not £42m as is being reported, that should be euros not pounds. He is being chased by awhole host of teams across Europe and we at Spurs have had him watched too.
- 29-year-old (30 next October) striker Rudy Gestede is set to join West Brom from neighbours Aston Villa in a £7m January deal. Middlesbrough and Crystal palace are saiod to be interested too.
- Bournemouth are hoping to agree a permanent fee for 21-year-old (22 next February) Dutch defender/midfielder Nathan Ake who is on loan from Chelsea.
- Jose Mourinho wanted Manchester United to tour USA in pre-season and he has got his wish.
- Italian sides AC Milan and Inter Milan are set to battle it out to try and win the signature of 29-year-old (30 next November) Belgium and Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
- Manchester City and Leicester City have both made scouting missions to watch 17-year-old (18 next December) Aldershot striker and former Manchester United trialist Idris Kanu.
- Former Dutch boss and Tottenham managerial target Louis van Gaal has emerged as a contender to replace the disappointing Unai Emery at Paris Saint-Germain following the side's fourth Ligue 1 defeat of the season.
Over 200 Spurs articles available at Tottenham Hotspur News