How does Harry Kane prepare for a game

Have you ever wondered the routine a player goes through before a game? Harry Kane has been talking about how he prepares, starting off with a good night's sleep.

GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP


Kane: “The night before a game is all about getting an early night. I usually get a good night’s sleep. I’ve never really had a problem with that. I fall asleep quite easily, even ahead of big games!”

MENTALLY PREPARE


Kane: “I think a lot about the game, so I constantly picture different scenarios I may find myself in in front of goal. Of course, most of the time it doesn’t happen, but it’s something I’ve always done to make sure I’m prepared.”

MORNING OF THE MATCH


Kane: “After a good rest, I’ll wake up and think through some more scenarios while listening to a bit of music. To be honest, I get excited about games as opposed to being nervous. I just want to get out there!”

ARRIVING AT THE GROUND


Kane: “If I have headphones on when you see me getting off the team bus, I’ll probably be listening to R&B – anything from the Usher kind of era. I’m not in charge of the dressing room music, though!”

GAME WARM UP


Kane: “During the warm-up we do finishing drills, and I’ll know whether I’m on my game or not from that. Just from the contact I’m making on the ball and the movement I’m making – if I feel bang on, I just want the game to start!”

KICK-OFF


Kane: “Once it comes to walking down the tunnel and starting the game, everything becomes natural. You go into a zone where you start making movements and runs and you don’t have much time to think about it. Then in a split-second, a ball falls to you and you don’t have time to think!”

IN PLAY


Kane: “I know when I’m on my game that I’ll be ready to take the first chance that falls to me! Every game goes pretty quickly too – apart from the ones where you score in the first minute and have to hold on!”

WINNING MENTALITY


Kane: “I’m a winner – if it’s a race in the playground or if I’m playing tennis with my brother, I always want to win. That mode always sets in, no matter what I’m doing. I try to be the best I can be and never let anybody down.”

That last remark is something I have spoken about before, the difference between someone who is competitive and someone who plays for fun, the difference those of us with winning mentalities have.