Ledley King thinks Spurs have a better chance than people realize


Ledley King has echoed my pre-season ramblings about new managers coming into new teams in the Premier League. It always amazes me that every time fans and the media assume instant success because someone may be a name.

There seems to be a total disregard that the wrong players are at a club, or that the team will have to learn how to play a new system. When Brendan Rogers arrived at Liverpool he took a whole season to teach his style, Jurgen Klopp has had most of last season to do the same, Mauricio Pochettino had a year at Spurs doing the same.

Managers are mere human beings, they can't wave a magic wand and suddenly everything is alright.

"Looking at the back end of last season I thought it would be difficult for the new managers coming into the Premier League. For them it's a lot of their first season working in England. 
"I thought we had an advantage having the continuity of the same manager and the same squad. We've obviously added to that with a few good signings but I thought that was our advantage. And I'm still hopeful that that can be and we can remain consistent and put in a good charge."