Alli recognises his problem


A constant theme of mine since we had Robbie Keans up front is that we should be more clinical in front of goal. Back then when we were 3-0 up we created chance after chance and would blow them. If you want to be a winner that is not OK. It does matter.

The proff is the Dele Alli miss against Bayer Leverkusen and the one-on-one chances we have missed this season. He missed one against WBA as well. Ryan Mason used to miss them for us, while Eriksen and Lamela have both talken the wrong options when we out number teams on the counter attack. Son player a shocking pass when all he had to do was roll the ball into Eriksen's path in a previous Champions League game.

"Personally I want to beat my target from last year and the only way to do that is to get in and around the box and be getting on the end of chances. 
"I could have been in double figures by now with the chances I've been missing. It's important to get in the right positions, but I need to start being more clinical. 
"I want to be scoring goals and I feel like I should have put that in [against Bayer Leverkusen]. I couldn't believe it when I missed it, but I've got to keep working hard and make sure that I start being more clinical."

Recognising the problem is the first step to curing it and Dele Alli has certainly accepted he misses too many sitters.