Pochettino showing belief in Winks


The ESPN pundits didn't expect Tottenham to be challenging in the top four and even though it is early in the season they now think we will be challenging in the top four this season. In addition, they didn't expect us to go to Russia and will, they expected us to lose and be all but out of the group. As it was we defied their expectations again and won a difficult tie with the travelling and injuries.

That is exactly what I was talking about in a recent article pundits, the media and even some of our own fans don't take us seriously and we almost slip under the radar. People are so attuned to spending money that if somebody doesn't splash the cash they can't be improving whereas Pochettino is showing that a manager can make a difference.

Pochettino uses the word, Lloris uses the word, belief. Pochettino shows belief in his players and the latest to benefit from that is Harry Winks. he started against Gillingham, came on against Middlesbrough and came on at an important time in the Champions League game. As the commentators  said at the time, he must have great faith in him to bring him on when we had to defend our lead.

"I'm playing with top, top quality players and every day I'm improving. I'm learning from a great manager as well. He teaches us a lot and his philosophy suits me to a tee. I'm enjoying my time here.
"I look up to a lot of the boys who have been there and done that. As a midfielder I look up to all of them, Dembele, Dier... Wanyama has helped me out a lot, especially in preseason. But I just want to grow my own game and any bit of advice I can get from anyone, I'll take. 
"I want more, a lot more, but I understand I'm young and I have to bide my time and be patient. I'll just continue to work hard and hopefully go forward from there. 
"It's great for us, all us young, aspiring academy boys. We want to be where Harry is, where Ryan Mason was, Tom Carroll, players like that. We want to get there and to see them succeed and doing so well only gives us more motivation to get there."