Janssen retained his confidence


Vincent Janssen told Standard sport that it was no big issue he hadn't scored until last night and that he was confident a goal was around the corner. His all-round display was excellent and his play suited the team. I like the runs he makes and he found room inside the penalty box. Obviously he will come up against stiffer opposition but it was a good confidence boosting game for him with Kane out injured.

"I have been here now for a lot of weeks. I had the pre-season here and the manager gave me chances. It is nice to get minutes and I am happy I will get a chance to do that. 
“I am ready to play. It is nice to get my first goal but it is not the most important thing because I have enough confidence and if I hadn’t scored yesterday, for me it was sure I would score in the next game. It was nice to score the first one but it was not such a big issue. 
“It is more physical football [in England] and you know that when you come to England there are a lot of players who like to play this game. I like it also so it is not a problem and I just have to adapt and it goes very well.”

It helps his confidence knowing he now gets a run of games. On Saturday it's Middlesbrough, then Wednesday in Russia against CSKA Moscow before he meets the Manchester City defence next Sunday. After that it is the international break, a plus for us with Kane injured.