News with views from the No1 Spurs website

Thursday, 22 September 2016

Janssen retained his confidence


Vincent Janssen told Standard sport that it was no big issue he hadn't scored until last night and that he was confident a goal was around the corner. His all-round display was excellent and his play suited the team. I like the runs he makes and he found room inside the penalty box. Obviously he will come up against stiffer opposition but it was a good confidence boosting game for him with Kane out injured.

"I have been here now for a lot of weeks. I had the pre-season here and the manager gave me chances. It is nice to get minutes and I am happy I will get a chance to do that. 
“I am ready to play. It is nice to get my first goal but it is not the most important thing because I have enough confidence and if I hadn’t scored yesterday, for me it was sure I would score in the next game. It was nice to score the first one but it was not such a big issue. 
“It is more physical football [in England] and you know that when you come to England there are a lot of players who like to play this game. I like it also so it is not a problem and I just have to adapt and it goes very well.”

It helps his confidence knowing he now gets a run of games. On Saturday it's Middlesbrough, then Wednesday in Russia against CSKA Moscow before he meets the Manchester City defence next Sunday. After that it is the international break, a plus for us with Kane injured.

Share:

0 Your Comments:

Post a Comment

E-Soccer

Just Tottenham

Just Tottenham Blogs

BlogTopSites

Football Blog Network

Unordered List

Theme Support