Spurs likely to miss out on Coric

TRANSFER TALK

Spurs likely to miss out on Coric

The search for a central attacking midfielder goes on, Franco Vazquez, Mario Gotze, Georginio Wijnaldum and Ante Coric offer differing options.

Vazquez has experience in Italy on his side, Gotze scored in a World Cup Final and was said by bayern Munich to be waiting for Real Madrid or Barcelona type club to come in for him, which doesn't appear to be happening, Wijnaldum has a season of Premier League football albeit inconsistent and only able to score at home while Coric offers great potential.

The first three all have problems against them and 19-year-old (20 next April) Coric is being courted by Manchester City who have tabled a £6-million bid with Dinamo Zagreb, who ant £10-million. He has talked with Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Liverpool, but he keeps turning everyone down. right now he seems happy to stay where he is and play football.

"I was very close to leaving Dinamo Zagreb. The communication with the club was quite bad. I spoke to Manchester City and Bayern Munich representatives, while I also spoke with a Real Madrid scout and there were other clubs interested in signing me as well. 
"But everything has changed now and I am happy at Dinamo again. I think I will stay with Dinamo. Of course, everyone would like to play for a big club eventually, but I have a contract with Dinamo for four more seasons. I think I will stay put for two more years or so. I am still only 19."

There doesn't seem to have been any movement since those remarks despite a host of clubs chasing him. Right now he wouldn't command a first-team place at many of the clubs so the incentive isn't great to move. It seems he wants to establish himself and move when he'll go straight into a team, rather than straight into a squad. It si going t be extremely hard to convince him to sign either so th search may go on with further names being added.