Eriksen to feature vs Atletico Madrid


Christian Eriksen missed out on the European Championships this summer and with the season 2 weeks away he is looking to get some game time under his belt. That will come in the meeting with Atletico Madrid.

It will be our first look at the Danish international and Vincent Janssen together. They need to form an understanding which minutes on the field will only help develop. Eriksen told the media he hoped for minutes, which obviously Pochettino is going to give him after recovering from illness.

“I’m feeling much better, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. We had training in the morning when we arrived and straight after I felt a bit sick. I’ve had stomach pains for the last three days, but now it’s heaps better. 
“He’s putting the team together. Hopefully I’ll be involved and make my minutes. “I haven’t played that much so far so hopefully I’ll make my minutes and my fitness.’’