Chelsea and Arsenal

TRANSFER TALK



Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud insists he wants to remain at Arsenal we are told, or at least his agent tells us. Amazing last weeK I was reading he liked Italy and would be happy to move to Napoli, Napoli of course, wouldn't be happy if he moved there.

There was never any chance of him joining Napoli and never any chance of Gonzalo Higuain leaving Napoli for Arsenal.

"Everything I've read on the Giroud is not true. I personally have only said that if Arsenal want to sell it, then we will see."

So, if Arsenal wants to sell him he'll go, hardly the Giroud insisting he wants to stay the story has been portrayed as.

The situation ar Chelsea is not great for Diego Costa, he wants to return to Spain and Atletico Madrid, Diego Simeone wants him to return to Atletico Madrid, but Chelsea now say he must stay at Stamford Bridge, where he is unhappy. Antonio Conte spoke about his future at the clubs training camp in Velden, Austria.

"Diego Costa is our player, he's a fantastic player, it's a fundamental player, there is no problem about transfers rumours about him. he is very happy to work with us, the most important thing is that is a Chelsea player. In this moment with the transfer window it's normal to have these situations, rumours. I spoke to him and for me he is an important player, I am sure when he adapts and goes into this idea of football he will score a lot of goals. 
"If I can assure that Diego Costa is staying here 100%? 100% never exixts in football, for my experience, also in life, I learnt that is very difficult to say it, i am very happy to train him, he is important for all the people at Chelsea, and I am sure he also feels this. 
"I try to transfer my passion to the players every day, I am very happy with this group, they must change their mind and their idea of football, but with the time they will adapt better. 
"Diego Costa must stay because in one of the best teams in the world, and he is one of the bst strikers in the world, I see him very happy and I don't know anything about those rumours of him moving elsewhere. 
"Cuadrado now is a Chelsea player, he will arrive here to train with us today and he will stay with us, I am very happy to have him here. 
"My advantage now is that I'm not reading the newspapers, I know that during the season, when the season starts, I will read them and I will find something to fight with someone, so about what happened last night when Atletico Madrid spoke about Diego Costa...I can say I don't like other clubs to speak about my players, this period is very strange, but since we respect the other clubs and don't speak about their players, we respect them too."


We saw last season that a lack of motivation affects players. Will he be motivated this season if he stays or will he still be hankering for a return to LaLiga.