News with views from the No1 Spurs website

Monday, 4 July 2016

£110,000 to £12.58m in 1 year, this signing could happen

TRANSFER TALK


In Friday I brought you news from Argentina that Tottenham were taking a keen interest in 23-year-old (24 in October) River Plate striker Lucas Alario.

Since then his agent Pedro Aldave has given a message to the media that he';; leave River Plate if Tottenham pay his release clause, which stands at £12.58-million (€15m - AUS$22.31m - US$16.71m).

“Today Alario is at River. There was only one proposal, from Genoa, and interest of Tottenham. If Tottenham pays the clause, Alario is going.”

Of curse I have to add to that that River Plate only own 60% of his rights, an investment firm hold the other 40% and for a transfer to the Premier League Tottenham would have to own 100% of th players rights. Players in this situation often get told where they are going and where they are playing, but joining Tottenham would have to be a choice to remove the investment form from the scene.

Alario spoke to Argentinian newspaper Ole over the weekend as they reported the story of Tottenham interest and he told them there was nothing concrete.

“My representative did not say anything concrete on the subject and now I think of River, to get back on the pitch and give back everything this club gave me.”
“Like every player, I dream to play in Europe at some point in my career. For that first I have to make things right at River, to keep growing and learning.”
River Plate don't want to lose him, he has been a success. He arrived from fellow Argentinian side CA Colon in July 2015 for 2.25m Argentine pesos, that's £112,000 (€134,000 - AUS$199,000 - US$149,000) at today's exchange rates.

In 26 games in all competitions he has scored 11 goals in 26 games, including the opening goal in the final of the Copa Libertadores against Tigres, helping them to their third victory in the competition and their first since 1996. He scored 6 goals and had 2 assists in 13 Primera División games, 949 minutes, a goal every 158 minutes.


Pochettino quiere a Alario en el Tottenham. River cuenta con el 60% y lo declaró intransferible. Su cláusula es de 15 millones de euros.

Google translate tells us that is: Alario Pochettino wants to Tottenham . River has 60% and declared non-transferable . Its clause is 15 million euros.

Transfermarkt list him as dual nationality, Argentinian and Italian so there shouldn't be any issues with a work permit, indeed one shouldn't be required.

Luca Alario follows in the footsteps of luminaries such as Alfredo Di Stafano, Hernan Crespo and Ariel Ortega at River Plate. His dream is to play in Europe, as he says, where there is far more money to be earned. You can see from his transfer fee that his release clause in large in Argentinian terms, it would be a huge influx for the club, but for Spurs it is relatively small.

I certainly believe we should be looking for a goalscoring superstar from South America, they come along frequently it seems and they can be picked up for a song, if you get them before they come to Europe, when their price rockets. The trouble is their third party investment owners want that income from the huge rise in price, while Premier League clubs can't offer that.

Three strikers would be sensible, considering Alario can play as a second striker or being right-footed a wide left attacker. Spurs have a history with Argentina so it would be fitting if we unearthed an Argentinian talent, could 1,78m (5' 102) be that man?



Share:

0 Your Comments:

Post a Comment

E-Soccer

Just Tottenham

Just Tottenham Blogs

BlogTopSites

Football Blog Network

Unordered List

Theme Support