[VIDEO} Bentaleb a Sherwood success story

Nabil Bentaleb was one of Tim Sherwood's many successes at Tottenham. He took the player on when nobody wanted to give him a chance and Bentaleb repaid him by developing to such an extent that Sherwood had no problem putting him into the team.


Bentaleb a Sherwood success story

He made his first team debut as a substitute against Southampton at St Mary's stadium in December. Gary Neville who is the best pundit on TV, was hugely impressed with a player he had never seen before feeling he looked as if he had been playing Premier League football for years.

“It’s a very good feeling to be involved in the first team squad.

“Once I came into the team everyone took care of me and I think that’s a big part of how things went for me personally.

“Everyone encouraged me, big players like Michael Dawson, and it’s people like that who helped me feel comfortable on the Premier League stage in front of thousands and thousands of fans.”
“December 22, Southampton away – I remember it clearly.

“It felt strange and to be honest I didn’t think I was going to go on, but suddenly I was told to take my training shirt off and after that it just went so quickly. A few seconds later I was on the pitch.

“Once I got out there I didn’t think about anything but football and what I had to do.

“I was proud to make my debut and then to go on and continue in the first team. I also remember hitting the bar against Crystal Palace at home. That’s all in the past now, though, and I have to keep working hard for next season.

“I have to work on my right foot shots and I’m really dedicated to improving. I will continue to work hard and give everything in training.”


He will be off to the World Cup with Algeria this summer and despite a section of Spurs not recognising a talent in the making, Tim Sherwood has produced one for the future.



Recent Stories:
How Pochettino's youth approach will improve Spurs 
Former boss Gerry Francis - It's a big step for Pochettino
How many of the 'Summer Seven' will stay?
Chiriches will not remain in England
Ginola - £26m for scoring penalties!