Adebayor, Sherwood, Vertonghen, Capoue, Bernard, Holtby, Pochettino

Adebayor has had a few words for AVB - "I'm not here to judge anyone - he's a great manager. "I just have to keep going, look forward and play my football.

"Everything happens for a reason - maybe he thought I was no good any more, maybe he thought I looked sluggish in training, a bit tired - you cannot judge him, he tried his best for his team.

"There is no way for one minute I think he does anything for the club to lose a game. I cannot say he has done anything for us to lose 6-0 to Man City. For me I think he has tried his best, if it doesn't work his way, that's football.

"So hopefully the next one for him, will be a good one from him, I wish him the best of luck because he's a great man.

"He [Sherwood] told me to get out there and play my football and I know I'm going to play.

"As soon as I know I'm going to play my thought will be, okay how am I going to score tomorrow, it's not about, am I going to be in the squad. Two months ago my head is, 'am I even going to be in the squad?'

"Everything that has happened is down to him as well (Tim Sherwood) as he put big confidence in me and I think the rest of the players as well."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yesterday's article for those who missed it: Clough, Ferguson, Sherwood
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Development player Ryan Fredericks, a 21 year old we have seen in the Europa League this season, has joined Millwall on loan under Ian Holloway. Millwall are a side we regularly loan our youngsters to, it gives them the chance to fight for and play first team football in a competitive league against seasoned professionals instead of playing Under 21 sides for the next 3 months.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jan Vertonghen had revealed he expected to return to training last week and Tim Sherwood has conformed that along with Younis Kaboul he has done so, also that the pair may be in contention for a place when we play free scoring Manchester City on 29th January. our central defence certainly needs one of them to replace the struggling Vlad Chiriches.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Unsurprisingly reports suggest Napoli and Daniel Levy can not agree a fee for Etienne Capoue, although Tim Sherwood says there is nothing concrete.

“As far as I know there is nothing concrete. [Capoue] has never expressed problems with the playing time and we have a good relationship.

“I use Bentaleb because I know him and believe in him. But the Frenchman has played, for example in the match against Manchester United, and has participated in some matches with the reserve team to stay in shape.”

The reported offer was for £1.5 million less than we paid for him so there was never any chance of a deal going through at that price. It is suggested we want £1.5 million more than the initial fee and that Napoli Sporting Director Riccardo Bigon has travelled to London to broker a deal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The press have linked Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino to the Spurs job in the summer presumably because the Southampton chairman with who he had a close working relationship has resigned and left the club. Tim Sherwood has responded to the news by saying Spurs is a tougher job than Southampton.

"The expectation at this club is far greater than they have at Southampton. "We were talking about that last week on the development side and used [Andros] Townsend as an example. If he was at Southampton he would not have had nine loans – he would have had his development through the leagues there, League One etc, like [Alex] Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo [Walcott]. That is the market they are in."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sherwood is under no illusions that he has to win games and secure a Champions League berth.

"If the results meet the expectation of the club, I will still be here. If they don't, I won't."

When asked what those league expectations are he joked "I have to win it."

"You guys don't want to hear it because it is boring but it is every game as it comes. It is a cliché, but at the moment it is going all right, especially in the league. Long may that continue and if it does, it will be hard for somebody to come in here and push me out.

"I am realistic enough to know the ambitions of this club are very, very high and the demands are high. I knew that before I took the job and I am just hoping I can do enough to keep the job in the long term."

He went on to explain the midfield problem he has to contend with.

"We've got a lot of players here and an awful lot of players in similar areas of the field and they can't all play. Not only can they not all play, sometimes when you've got a squad as big as ours they can't sit on the bench."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Former target Bernard, the Brazilian we tried to sign in the summer has been the subject of a loan attempt it is being reported. The 21 year-old diminutive playmaker moved to Shakthar Donetsk but has been unable to secure a regular first team place. Naturally he wants to play football with the World Cup looming in his home country.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lewis Holtby looks set to move with his agent, Marcus Noack, revealing he is not happy.

"Lewis is not happy with the current situation at Tottenham. We are looking around to find a solution in this market in January. At the moment, I cannot do the names of the teams that are interested in the player."

Lewis himself has made all the right noises to the German press telling them he happily return to Schalke, that he has scored 3 goals, has 9 assists and is reluctant to keep sitting on a heated bench.



Subscribe to THBN