Would you want a Manchester City style owner?

For the first time in ages, our board have taken a conservative stance on the transfer market. Thus far, no £15+ million players have signed up. Looking back at what £15+ million has got us in the past, this may be a good thing.

The transfer market has gone a bit off the rails and even though we are still linked with all and sundry, there has been no movement. To be honest, with the money we've spent in the last 3 seasons, I can see why Levy is being quite reserved.

After reading that our owner, Mr. Lewis, has bought up a large stake in the Mitchell’s & Butler pub group, I had hoped that he would swing some of his cash our way. Wishful thinking? Course it was.

So it got me thinking. How would I feel if a rich somebody came into the picture and had the will and the way to sign up as much talent as possible? If we had the same sort of cash as Manchester City do and we went in for the players they've signed, do you think Gareth Barry would have picked them over us? What about Tevez? Would he have come to us instead?

It's all relative I suppose.

The good news is that our club is run properly. We are the richest club in the world never to have played in the Champions League. I'm not too sure if that's something we should be bragging about, but never mind.

I suppose that with the outlay the City owners have spent, they will want results and fast. Wanting results normally means a higher turnover in managers, which we've all seen at Chelsea (and us), simply doesn't work.

So am I happy with our current regime? Funnily enough, I am. I'd take our business model over the Manchester City one. I also wish them the best of luck in the world in dislodging Arsenal from the 4th spot perch. I think they'll need our well wishes as money can't buy luck.



Digg!