Defoe; "I just love Spurs"

Jermain Defoe has become Harry Redknapp's first signing as Tottenham Hotspur manager and has spoken at his delight in rejoining Spurs.

"Tottenham are and have always been in my heart. I've always been close with the fans here and want to repay their appreciation in me."

It's great that I'm back here! I've got a lot of mates here to and some of them owe me a few favours!"

Unfortunately, Jermain arrived a little too late to be registered to play in tonight's Carling Cup semi-final against Burnley, but should make the team-sheet against Wigan on Sunday, given that he passes his medical.

We wish Jermain Defoe the best of luck and know that he will score a hat load of goals for us.

What does this mean for the futures of Darren Bent or Roman Pavlyuchenko? Defoe is sure to be the first-choice striker at the club, meaning that Harry will partner him with either two of the above mentioned strikers, or not, if we are to play the 4-5-1 formation with Modric in behind Defoe.

I feel that Bent will be sacrificed as Everton are known to be in for a striker and have made enquires about Darren in the past. Everton though, have no money, and so Newcastle could be in for him. Maybe we could swap Bent for Owen?