Song For Steo

By Molesy
For THBN

There are some that poo poo Spurs fans that remember where they came from. There are some so-called Spurs fans that poo poo where they are at present. I tend to grab every inch that is available to me and cherish it like my life depended on it.

When we lose, my 13-year old daughter will walk into my studio, where I sulk for hours, wearing my Le Coq Sportif home shirt from 82 and try and sing songs that I have taught her.

She has lived in the US since she was 3 and was even sent to speech therapy at school to get rid of her cockney accent so pupils and teachers could understand her, and it worked. Yet the one thing she would never let go of is her love for Spurs.

We have two satellite dishes, not to watch the latest British Idol but to have every bit of Spurs news and games and, oh yeah, Footballers Wives! Sorry.

She sat down with me last week and broke down every piece of the win against Lyon and was the first to point out to me that Lyon played Auxerre in their equivalent of the charity shield on Wednesday and we beat them three days before. It's her love for Spurs that scares her mother and me.

Her dog's name is "Ginny", named after Ginola. Her room has over two hundred pictures and articles of Spurs players and stories pinned to her walls and she has a pet hamster called Hoddle. My fault.

She walked into the studio while I was rehearsing with black tape depicting glasses on her face shouting "cheesy gloggs" after a discussion we had about Edgar Davids yesterday and I never laughed so much and as she left the room, I turned around back to my keys and I couldn't help but glance up at the wall and at the essay she had written about a famous person she was told to write about in her end of school exams. It was titled; Keith Burkinshaw. Scary really.

Her one dream is to watch a game at WHL even above the fact that she is rated one of the best young prospects in her field of sports in Florida. Intravenous Spurs I call it. As I write this, she keeps coming into the studio asking what the score is at Reading whilst singing, "there's only one Keano!" She knows that's going to annoy me because he's not playing until today and she knows this but Keane's her favorite player along with Steo because she thinks he's cute, but we have no song for Kelly.

So, after all this, anyone got a tune for Stephen Kelly, for my daughter Storm?

Molesy